White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki faced widespread backlash across the political spectrum late this week for telling people to go drink and take kickboxing classes in response to Democrats having a bad week politically.
Psaki made the remarks during an interview on ABC’s “The View” where she gave advice for people who were mad that Democrats did not pass their leftist voting agenda.
“My advice to everyone out there who’s frustrated, sad, angry, pissed off, feel those emotions, go to a kickboxing class, have a margarita, do whatever you need to do this weekend, and then wake up on Monday morning; we gotta keep fighting.” Psaki said. “What that means … is we have to keep talking to members about federal legislation, that’s essential, that’s something that can be permanent, that can make sure people’s rights are protected. But we also need to make sure people are educated in states across the country about what their rights are, how they can vote, when they can vote, how to request an absentee ballot. There’s a lot we need to do on that front, and that’s gonna rely on the energy and the anger of that activism as well.”
Jen Psaki to “pissed off” Americans: “Go to a kickboxing class, have a margarita.”pic.twitter.com/kjq3eWVOT0
— RNC Research (@RNCResearch) January 21, 2022
Notable responses to Psaki’s remarks included:
- Herschel Walker, U.S. Senate candidate: “What if you already workout and don’t drink alcohol but you’re still upset about inflation, gas prices and surging crime? What’s your advice then?”
- Chris Pandolfo, The Blaze: “Imagine two working parents struggling to make housing payments and buy groceries being told to ‘go to a kickboxing class, have a margarita.’”
- Tim Murtaugh, former Trump campaign spokesman: “This reaction accidentally reveals that their argument that people can’t vote is bogus. Does someone who can go to kickboxing class or chill with a margarita somehow have a problem voting? Her audience is liberal activists who drive their Volvos to kickboxing class.”
- Rita Panahi, Australian political commentator: “Imagine if @kayleighmcenany or @SarahHuckabee ever said anything this asinine & tone deaf. The media meltdown would be atomic.”
- Niles Gardiner, foreign policy analyst: “The Biden White House is arrogant, amateurish, and hugely out of touch with the American people. An embarrassment at home and a laughing stock on the world stage.”
- Stephen L. Miller, political commentator, mockingly wrote: “You know, maybe get a facial. Watch the Sex and the City reboot. Order somethings [sic] online from Anthropologie. Do some binge shopping from LuluLemon. Buy a Labradoodle. Take some of your aggression out on your Ethiopian Lyft driver.”
- Cenk Uygur, The Young Turks: “In other words, vote for us more BECAUSE we did nothing. Since we couldn’t get you voting rights, you should be mad and work even harder to vote for us. Do they even hear themselves? There’s no bubble, like a DC bubble. Note to Democrats: It’s not our responsibility to like you.”
- Susan Sarandon, actress: “Right now, more than half of Americans would be unable to afford a $1,000 emergency. Margaritas and kick boxing this weekend aren’t the answer.”
- Bree Newsome, activist: “Whew. The astounding level of disconnect between the white elite & the general populace right now.”
- Jordan Chariton, journalist: “I love how Jen Psaki thinks most struggling workers living paycheck to paycheck have time or money to go to a kickboxing class or drink margaritas.”
The Daily Wire is one of America’s fastest-growing conservative media companies and counter-cultural outlets for news, opinion, and entertainment. Get inside access to The Daily Wire by becoming a member.
View Original Source Source