Welcome back to Education Insanity, a weekly column updating you on the most insane events taking place in our nation’s schools. Here we’ll delve into the growing presence of critical race theory, the ideology that claims that America is irredeemably rooted in racism, and “woke” culture.
Let’s get started.
10. Campus Paper Editor-In-Chief ‘Couldn’t Walk Past A White Person Without Shaking’ – Campus Reform
The Editor-in-Chief of University of Denver’s student-run newspaper wrote an op-ed titled, “Dear White People,” wherein she said that she “couldn’t walk past a white person without shaking” after the Atlanta shooting that left six people — a majority of whom were Asian women — dead.
9. Wisconsin High School Segregated Parents To Discuss Police Brutality – The Federalist
Madison West High School in Madison, Wisconsin, invited families of students to discuss “all the police brutality and violence that is going on.” Families were sent two separate links for a Zoom meeting: One for parents “of color” and the other for white parents.
8. Iowa State Professor Says She Limits Interactions With White People ‘As Much As Possible’ – Campus Reform
Iowa State University sociology professor Rita Mookerjee, who spoke on a student government panel on “diversity and inclusion,” tweeted that she limits her interactions with white people. “Lately, I try to limit my interactions with yt people as much as possible. I can’t with the self-importance and performance [especially] during Black History Month,” the professor said. The term “yt” is often used in place of the word “white.”
7. College Sends Campus-Wide Warning About YAF Event On Transgenderism, Offers Psychological Services To Triggered Students – Young America’s Foundation
An Illinois community college sent an email warning staff and students that an event hosted by the Young Americans for Freedom on transgenderism was “not being sponsored by the school,” though the vice president of the school acknowledged that the school was required to allow the event to go on. The school sent out links to on-campus psychological services for those who feel “triggered” by the event.
6. Hacker Erases UNC Conservative Student Publication’s Website – Washington Free Beacon
A right-leaning, student-run publication at the University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill had its website hacked and distribution boxes vandalized with derogatory comments. The masthead portion of the website was deleted by the hacker and replaced with comments about the publication’s Editor-in-Chief. “Nazi scum f**k off,” the masthead read.
5. Georgetown University Student Petitions To Rename Reagan Airport After ‘Dance Moms’ Star JoJo Siwa – The College Fix
A Georgetown University student kickstarted a Change.org petition to rename the Ronald Reagan airport in Washington, D.C., after “Dance Moms” cast member and LGBT icon JoJo Siwa. The petition received nearly 5,500 signatures demanding that the airport be renamed “JoJo Siwa Washington National Airport.”
4. Professors Nationwide Promise To Cancel Class To Help Students Get ‘Cops Off Campus’ – Campus Reform
Hundreds of educators and students nationwide participated in a “day of refusal” wherein they refused to go to work or class to protest the presence of police on college campuses. The “day of refusal” was organized by the “Cops Off Campus Coalition,” a national network of students with the stated goal “to get cops off campus and cops off the planet.” Participants were asked to sign a petition, which includes a list of demands.
3. Los Angeles Teacher Calls Hispanic Cop A ‘Murderer’ And ‘Mexican Racist’ – FOXLA
A Latino Los Angeles police officer was harassed by a female teacher who launched into a “racist tirade.” She repeatedly called the officer a murderer. “You’re always gonna be a Mexcian,” she said. “You’ll never be white, you know that?”
2. First Grade Class Read Transgender Book; School Board President Does Nothing – Young America’s Foundation
In a first-grade class in Bellingham, Washington, the teacher opted to read her students “I Am Jazz,” a book about a two-year-old biological male transitioning into a transgender female. The teacher was confronted by a parent via email, to which she responded, “Yes, I did read [I Am Jazz]. As a district, we are working hard to support all members of our school community and promote inclusion through understanding and compassion.”
1. California’s New Math Framework Demands Educators ‘Teach Toward Social Justice’ – The Daily Wire
California’s latest mathematics framework draft demands that educators across the state must “teach toward social justice” during math class. The 13-part guide tells teachers that “mathematics has traditionally been viewed as a neutral discipline.” Now, the “expanded view” of math asks teachers to “analyze lessons through an equity lens.”
Got tips? Email me here: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Daily Wire is one of America’s fastest-growing conservative media companies and counter-cultural outlets for news, opinion, and entertainment. Get inside access to The Daily Wire by becoming a member.
View Original Source Source